Homemade jam is delicious and good for more than just toast. Thinking up creative ways to use jam throughout the year is part of the fun of canning. Every summer I go way overboard making homemade jams and jellies.
Just about all of the jars are canned for the winter, but I always have to pop one open to try it right away. This week I’ve made 14 batches of jam, which means there are 14 opened jars of jam in my fridge right now.
I’m not complaining, they’re all delicious! Peach Jam is one of my favorites, and it’s so hard to find in stores. Most of the others aren’t available on supermarket shelves either. All of these are hard to find, one of a kind homemade jams:
- Wild Strawberry Jam
- Rainier Cherry Jam
- Red Currant Jam
- Blackcurrant Jam
- Ground Cherry Jam
- Low Sugar Strawberry Jam
Those 14 jars of jam need to be used up soon, but there’s more jam in the pantry. All told, I’ll put away nearly 100 jars of jam in the summer months.
I have my favorite tried and true recipes, but I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate homemade jam in my cooking year-round. I asked a group of my blogger friends for their best ideas, and they came through in a big way!
Time to get working on some tasty recipes to use up jam!
Jam Bar Recipes
- Coconut Jam Squares
- Raspberry Oat Bars
- Jam Bars with an Oat Crumble Topping
- Jam Filled Breakfast Cereal Bars
- Vegan Oat Berry Bars
- Raspberry Jam Bars
- Raspberry Coconut Bars
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Jam Thumbprint Cookie Recipes
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Basic Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies: gluten, dairy, nut, seed, egg-free, autoimmune paleo
- Mulberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Butter Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Eggless Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Jam Thumbprint Cookies with Sea Salt
- Cranberry Orange Thumbprint Cookies
Jam Sandwich Cookie Recipes
- Star Shaped Jam Cookies
- Snow Storm Linzer Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- Vegan Jammy Star Biscuits
More Creative Jam Cookie Recipes
- Polish Kolachki Cookies
- Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
- Strawberry Lemon French Macarons
- Hungarian Shortbread
- Spicy Apricot Pistachio Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Chia Jam Peanutbutter Cups
- Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Smores
- Raspberry Bow Tie Cookies
Jam Tart Recipes
- Jam Filled Crostata Italian Pie
- Italian Jam Tart without Butter
- Strawberry Coconut Tarts
- Vegan Guava Jelly Tarts
- Monster Jam Tarts for Halloween
- Bakewell Tart with a Jam Layer
- Peanut Butter, Jam, and Chocolate Tart
- Blueberry Peach Jam Tarts
- Lemon Ginger Cardamom Jam Tarts
Jam Cake Recipes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Slow Cooker Jam Swirl Cake
- Victoria Sandwich Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Jam Cake
- Vanilla Layer Cake with Blackberry Buttercream
- Three Ingredient Cake Roll with Strawberry Jam
- Rhubarb Custard Cake
- Raspberry Poke Cake Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Jammy Bread Recipes
- Jam Stuffed French Toast
- Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
- Jam Filled Pikelets
- Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Danish
- Sour Cherry Jam Cornbread
- Gluten Free Vegan Banana Cranberry Jam Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread
- Rhubarb and Red Currant Jam Swirled Bread
- Brie, Blackberry Jam and Crescent Rolls Pinwheel Appetizer
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Savory Cheese Thumbprint Cookies with Bourbon Tomato Jam
- Southern Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Brie with Jam, Honey and Chopped Almonds
- Very Berry Fruit Salsa
- Prosciutto and Brie Toasts with Jammy Apricots
Jam Based Main Courses & Meat Sauces
- Apricot Chicken
- Sweedish Meatballs with Lingonberry Jam
- Sticky Asian Wings with Apricot Jam
- Monte Cristo Sandwich with Lingonberry Jam
- Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Baked Tempeh with Peach Jam
- Sticky Chicken Drumsticks with Cherry Jam Glaze
Baked Goods to Pair with Jam
Yogurt, Icecream and Popsicles with Jam
- Strawberry Jam Yogurt Pops
- Apricot Jam Yogurt Parfaits
- Healthy Homemade Yogurt Toppings with Jam
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popsicles
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- Peanut butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches
Jam Flavored Drinks
What did I miss?
What’s your favorite way to use up a jar of jam?
As an avid jam maker this is such a useful post, loving all these recipes! Thank you for including my Victoria Sponge Sandwich:-)
What a fun roundup! Thanks for sharing!
Nikki from Tikkido
Yum! I want to make them all! Jam filled cookies and such have always been my favorites.
You are an absolute gem for creating this roundup! I have at least 4 jars of jam sitting in the back of the refrigerator that need to be used up. Totally genius!!
You and me both!
Wow, so many genius ways to use up jam! THanks for including my Bakewell Tart.
I love using jams as a sweetener for my morning oatmeal. Red plum is my favorite! Followed by cranberry/rosehip jam.
I can see why those would be your favorites. They sound delicious.
Loved this whole article. You are so into the jelly making I thought maybe you could help me out. I made lilac and also peony jelly this year. Neither set right but the problem is. Would you know of anything or flavors that would go with either of these jellies that would alter the taste a little. They taste to much like actually eating the flowers. Since I am going to recook them I thought I could add some to take away some of the flower taste. If not I might have to dump them as everyone says it’s like eating the flowers. Sorry to have written a book and being a pain.
You could possibly try adding some citrus juice.
Stir a spoonful into plain Oatmeal. Cut up a banana and top with a spoonful of jam amd other toppings (granola, yogurt, peanut butter) –especially good as a dessert for a young child.